« Home | Heard about town » | Cafe Alex: Small dishes with big flavors » | It's all Greek to me » | Been missing me? » | Aieee!!! » | Where's the beef? » | More for the list » | Rearing up for a review » | Notes of the day: No news is ... good news? » | Notes of the day » 

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 

Sing me a song

Dillon was delayed at work and couldn't join Tom and I for a review last night. We hit Seoul Gate, and the review will be in the next issue of the Ester Republic. But here's a little tidbit to whet your appetite (pun intended).

In a surreal moment after we placed our order, a Korean man donned a microphone, thanked the diners, and then began to set up karaoke. As he sang I Will Survive in Korean, words failed me, but it was his Korean/English rendition of Delilah that truly brought a smile to my face. Leaning over to Tom, I shouted "Alcohol and a smoke machine and I would love this place. I'd be here every weekend."