« Home | Remiss in reviews » | You've gotta have Seoul » | Restaurant changes » | Another look » | Sing me a song » | Heard about town » | Cafe Alex: Small dishes with big flavors » | It's all Greek to me » | Been missing me? » | Aieee!!! » 

Monday, November 14, 2005 

Another sad day for Fairbanks restaurants

It had to happen eventually. Chili's is open for business. Sigh.

As I've said before, I don't oppose the idea of chain restaurants. I'm just sickened by the sight of a fully pack parking lot for a chain restaurant when Fairbanks has so many lovely eateries that are probably closer to empty. Why not support our local restaurants?

If Chili's has you salivating for Mexican food, why not check out Taco King on the Old Steese Highway? If it's the mixed drinks you're after, I've heard Jalapeno's (you know, just down the road from Chili's) has a good tequila bar. If you're just looking for a good dining value, Hot Tamale on Illinois Street has a steak sandwich the size of your head for about $10.

There are options - you don't need to blindly support the shiny new franchise.

well said...drove past near 9:

Post a Comment